Rules, Regulations & Guidelines
Contest Date: Saturday June 19, 2021
- No entry fee will be required for smoke off contestants
- ALL Contestants must register in the office no later than 12pm on Saturday. At this time you will receive your presentation container.
- A blind judging system will be used.
- Contestants will draw presentation numbers for their anonymous judging.
Numbers for blind judging will be drawn later in the day.
- Category options are as follows
- Pork – back ribs, spare ribs, country style
- Beef – back, short ribs
- Entries must contain three portions (per category) to be judged.
- Please check the scorecard (provided at meat check in office) to see what areas you will be judged on. Judging is based on appearance, tenderness, texture, and taste.
- All meats must be prepared and cooked on site. NO PRECOOKED OR PRESEASONED ENTRIES WILL BE PERMITTED.
- The cook must comply with health standards when cooking meat.
- Meat showing signs of being too-undercooked will be disqualified.
- Contestants must provide their own ingredients, utensils, and equipment needed for cooking and presenting entries. (Presentation boxes will be provided).
- Meats may be presented with or without sauce on it as the contestant wishes. Sauce may NOT be pooled in the container. To simplify judging, no side sauce containers will be permitted in the meat judging containers.
- Contestants may garnish their entries. However, Garnishments are not included in presentation judging.
- All entries must be submitted in appropriately labeled containers provided by judges to qualify.
- Contestants must have entries submitted to the judges no later than 3:30 – Judging will begin promptly at 3:45 PM.
- There will be one winner awarded in each category and one overall Grand Champion.
- Prizes will be provided from the sale of tickets. For each ticket sold $5 will go towards prize money.
- Winners will be announced at dinner.
- Each contestant is responsible for their own cleanup.
- Contestants are welcome to provide side sauces for the dinner.
- Remaining meats are to be submitted to rec building for the dinner by 4:45 PM.
- Only contestants are exempt from the cover charge. Remaining family members are expected to pay cover charge. Cover charge is $5 for adults, children 7-17 are $5. Children 6 and under are free.
Important note: A representative “meat inspector” will be coming around to each contestants cooking area to ensure that all rules are being followed.